Thank you very much to Jet at Sustainably Single Parenting for nominating me for this award. You are such a strong person and I am full of admiration for the way you have made it through some difficult times. I owe you an apology actually, because you nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award back in November and, although I started to write a post for it, I completely forgot! So I am honoured that you have nominated me again, despite my procrastination and forgetfulness!
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping-back.
So then, seven things about me:
- I have a gap between my front teeth. As a teenager I was offered braces but declined, on the grounds that I liked to whistle through my teeth. Of course, I haven’t whistled for years and have now lost the ability to do so anyway!
- I love bright rainbow colours and all things colourful. One of my favourite sights is pink blossom against a clear blue sky in the spring.
- I’m very competitive, which motivated me to be at the top of the class throughout school, home education and university. That is something that I’ve had to work through with regards to my own children, by realising that there are more important things than academic skills, resisting my urge to push them too early and taking a more autonomous approach.
- My favourite TV series (we don’t have a TV but I sometimes watch online) to watch at the moment are Call The Midwife, Castle and Once Upon A Time.
- Recently I’ve been feeling the need to practice what I preach with regards to lifelong learning. So at the moment I am learning to play the ukelele (so far I can play Old MacDonald and What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor) and learning to speak Esperanto (tio estas homo kaj tio estas virino).
- I would love to live on a widebeam canalboat some day, continuously cruising the waterways. Or maybe a log cabin in the country, with a bit of land to grow veg and keep animals. A girl can dream!
- I found it really hard to think of seven things about myself and I’m now completely stuck for ideas! What do you mean, that’s cheating? Of course it counts!
My 15 inspiring nominees are:
- An Everyday Story
- Classroom Free
- Delivering Grace
- Here We Are Together
- Heidi Elizabeth
- Lazy Seamstress
- Little Blossoms
- Little Woodlanders
- Living and Learning
- Love, Laugh and Learn
- The Barts Go Adventuring
- The Real Life of a Narrowboat Wife
- Worms Eye-View
There are some wonderful blogs in the above list, I’m sure you’ll enjoy checking them out if you haven’t done so already. And please don’t feel obliged to participate if I’ve nominated you, just know that I enjoy reading your posts.