Wrapping up Christmas

I hope you all had a great Christmas! We spent lots of time with family and it was lovely.

My mum arranged an end-of-year piano party for Aaron, Tabitha and three of their friends who also take lessons with her. They each performed several pieces to the assembled parents and grandparents, followed by a buffet lunch.



Colin had a few days off at the beginning of the week leading up to Christmas. We enjoyed a lovely walk with his mum and one of his sisters and her children.


We also visited Colin’s parents. This time Esther wasn’t too sure about their dog Misty and she especially didn’t like me giving her attention; she kept crying whenever Misty was on my lap!




Colin celebrated his birthday on the 23rd. He was working all day so we didn’t do much, plus he has declared that he is now too old to do birthdays.


He also worked Christmas Eve. Tabitha and I spent the day making napkin rings and placecards to decorate the table. Colin’s sisters dropped some presents round in the late afternoon so we ended up going to the playground in the dark with them, which was a much-needed breath of fresh air.



As Christmas Day fell on a Sunday this year, we decided to do presents in the morning before church but have a simple buffet lunch and leave the full Christmas dinner until Boxing Day. This turned out really well as Colin and I could just relax and spend time with the children.





On Boxing Day we had my parents and my granny over for Christmas dinner, most of which Colin cooked. We rearranged the front room a bit so that we could fully extend our dining table for the first time. New books were read and new board games were played, but I somehow managed to go the whole day without taking a single photo!

On the 27th we met up with Colin’s aunt, uncle and cousins from London. Again, I pretty much forgot to take any photos. After a lovely long lunch, we went for a walk at Wistlandpound Reservoir just as dusk was falling. By the time we were half way round it was really dark, although Venus was very bright in the sky.


On the 28th it was back to my parents’ house for lunch with them, my granny, my brother and sister-in-law.



Tabitha and Esther went down with a nasty cold before Christmas and I thought I’d managed to escape it, but last night I developed a very sore throat and have been aching all over. Poor Esther still has a runny nose and a cough. However, she only woke up three times last night which is a huge improvement! Let’s hope it wasn’t a fluke!

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.